There’s nothing more onerous to a small business owner than business payroll. Not because small biz owners don’t want to pay the bill—in fact, most small biz owners understand the value and importance of their hired help—but the reality is that business payroll these days is an ever increasingly complex maze…and a wrong turn might be catastrophic!
The mortgage interest deduction (MID). Do you really need it?
Imagine this scenario: I loan you money. You pay me back with interest. When it comes time to pay Uncle Sam, he tells you to deduct the amount you paid me in interest from his bill. What do we call this? (and is it fair? a good idea?)
Everything seems pretty normal right now in tax prep land, doesn’t it? It’ll likely continue that way for a while, especially now that tax season 2011 is over. But the normalcy is going to change…and we’re betting that the change will be very strained and quite dramatic.
Recent blog posts
- “9-9-9” or “9-0-9”: A Realistic Look at Cain’s Tax Plan
- Business Payroll Taxes Can Land You in Jail… Really!
- Oregon Wine Country Gets Some Love
- Wine: A BETTER Investment
- Choosing Financial Advisory Services Wisely
- Business Tax Consulting - Avoiding Problems
- The Tax Prep Man Cometh (again)
- Tax Planning? The IRS Increases the Mileage Allowance
- SEDCOR Golf Tournament a Whopping Success!
- That 90's Show